Temple Timings :
6.00 am – 05.30 pm (Open on all days of the week)
Entry Charges :
No charges. It’s Free for everyone.
Toilets are available at the foothills. Its PAY and Use.
- Footwear stand is available. Right at the foothills before the climb. There is a small fee and you are given a token for the same.
- We advice using socks while climbing. The hill is all granite stone and it tends to get warm for the barefoot climb.
Car Parking :
There is a problem with Car Parking. You need a park down the road near the foothills or bylanes. No real car parking. Very short walk from wherever you park.
A few good eateries near the Kalyani pond and just below the entrance arch.
HOTEL RAGHU: for Idli, Dosa, Pongal as Tiffin varieties. Clean and neat.
North Indian Food and Jain Meals are also available in few places near the Kalyani Pond / Water tank.
- Carry your earphones/headphones
- Power bank / Battery pack for your phone
- Data network – you will have longer battery time if you are off the mobile data network. So when you are using the audio guide, you may want to get off the network.
For many people who know a bit or have heard about Jainism, they would consider this statue here as that of Mahaveer. At times people also mix up considering Mahaveer being same as Bahubali.
Mahaveer is the 24th and the last Teerthankar of Jainism sect. What is a Teerthankar? Listen to the app for details.