- The various places within Srirangapatna are open from 9 am onwards till 6 pm.
- The temple is open from 6 am to 6 pm. The sanctum is open from 6 am to 12 pm and then 3 pm to 6 pm
Entry charges :
Entry is FREE for SriRanganatha Swamy temple
Dress Ethics :
There is no specified dress code. It is a place of worship. Use your judgment.
Plenty available at various shops around the place.
Toilet facilities are also available at various places around the fort.
There is ample parking available around the fort area and the temple complex. Not an organized one, just roadside parking. Sometimes the local panchayat guys charge, but they will give you the receipt for the same.
It’s a temple town. Plenty of eateries available on the Mysore road and also within the city.
For foreigners, in case you prefer 4 star or 5-star hotels, they are in Mysore city and its just a 15-minute drive from here.
- This area being tropical weather, it tends to get very warm during the day and is very hot during the summers as there is practically no shade anywhere.
- Carry your earphones/headphones
- Power bank / Battery pack for your phone
- Data network – you will have longer battery time if you are off the mobile data network. So when you are using the audio guide, you may want to get off the network.
The temple is a beautiful example of multiple dynasties contributing during their time.
This temple is one of the 108 Divya Desam shrines. The concept of Divya Desam is very unique and we have explained this at Srirangam temple as well as Kanchipuram Vaikuntanada temple. You can refer there.