Palace Timings :
- 10.00 am – 05.30 pm
- Open on all days of the week
Palace Entry Charges :
- Adults Rs. 15/-
- Children between 15 – Free entry
- Foreign Tourist Rs 150/-
- Tickets are sold at the entry gate.
FREE toilets inside the palace compound.
You can wear your footwear and go inside. No restrictions.
Car Parking :
There is a problem with Car Parking on the road near the Palace gates. You will need to park a bit further out and walk down.
The palace is located in the heart of the city. There are several restaurants within walking distance from the palace.
If you have a car, you can go to Chamarajpet (about 1 km from the palace) and you will have a host of eating and shopping options.
- Carry your earphones/headphones
- Power bank / Battery pack for your phone
- Data network – you will have a longer battery time if you are off the mobile data network. So when you are using the audio guide, you may want to get off the network.
The summer palace in Bengaluru is a small palace. That’s because what is remaining is just 1/3rd of the total palace that once used to exist.
The palace is made of teak wood. This wood is found locally in this region and is known for its durability.